Due to our diligent jobsite safety efforts, A&F electric has earned a beneficial and extremely low interstate
Experience Modification Rating (EMR) though the California workers compensation rating system.
This safety rating has allowed A&F access to projects not available to many of our competitors.
2006 EMR: .83
2007 EMR: .79
2008 EMR: .76
2009 EMR: .76
2010 EMR: .73
2011 EMR: .76
2012 EMR: .79
2013 EMR: .79
2014 EMR: .93
2015 EMR: .95
We have also been able to maintain a clear OSHA Recordable Incident Rate (ORI) and 0 Lost Workday Incidence Rate (LWIR).
2006 ORI: 40,000 hours, (0) LWIR
2007 ORI: 46,835 hours, (0) LWIR
2008 ORI: 37,000 hours, (0) LWIR
2009 ORI: 25,971 hours, (0) LWIR
2010 ORI: 31,390 hours, (0) LWIR
2011 ORI: 27,856 hours, (0) LWIR
2012 ORI: 26,852 hours, (7.45) LWIR
2013 ORI: 28,847 hours, (0) LWIR
2014 ORI: 21,086 hours, (0) LWIR
2015 ORI: 28,368 hours, (0) LWIR
General Safety Officer, Lori Himes, has 30+ years employment at A&F and
General Foreman and Field Safety Officer, Brian Batts, has 30+ years employment at A&F.
At A&F, our in-house field training and safety training is an on-going operation carried out by field foreman
with all certified and non-certified field technicians utilizing the following methods.
- Weekly tailgate safety meetings promoting a "safety first" policy
- Monthly general safety meetings
- Daily promotion of A&F safety requirements and practices to provide a safe work environment to prevent injury
- Daily on-site supervision and electrical installation field training
- Regular equipment training where necessary
- Mandatory enforcement of proper safety ware, (hardhats, safety glasses, boots, work clothes, gloves, etc.)
- Promotion of company sponsored after hours technical training courses for all regular employees
- Daily hands on training for non-state-certified employees for NEC code requirements and applications as well as electrical installation procedures and techniques
- Company sponsored general electrician state certification testing for all non-certified regular employees
- Strict use of lock-out-tag-out procedures to provide a safe work place
- Companywide participation of LACC drug and alcohol program and testing
- Regular participation in all of our clients workplace safety and certification orientations and classes
- Regular compliance with local ordinances, licensing and jobsite permitting regulations