Design & Build |
When project budget control and construction schedule are a major concern, a design & build delivery with a proactive and experienced contractor is the best choice. As a C-10 licensed electrical contracting firm specializing in design & build commercial work, A&F Electric has been providing complete, in-house electrical design and engineering since 1989. Our design team has completed projects ranging from simple 1,000 square foot tenant interior build-outs to 70,000 square foot laboratory/corporate office buildings. To date, we have completed in excess of $25m of commercial design & build projects within the Southern California market.
Our electrical design and engineering services include:
Our electrical engineering/design team is as follows:
- Initial design meetings with the client to discuss parameters of the project and provide cost saving solutions to maintain budgets and schedules.
- Coordination with the architect, general contractor and the other design team disciplines to provide a superior electrical design that meets or exceeds the needs of the end user.
- Preliminary electrical lay-out drawings for client review and comment.
- Electrical equipment list preparation and review to assure correct power support for all HVAC, plumbing and owner furnished equipment.
- Complete electrical plan preparation including specifications, fixture schedules, site plan, lighting plan, power plan, roof plan, singleline diagram w/ load calculations, panel schedules and title 24 energy calculations using AutoCAD 2010.
- Submit electrical drawings for plan check review and city permit.
- Paper and electronic as-built drawings for record after construction is completed.
Richard Horsley, Principal Designer and Project Manager:
- Over 35 years experience in commercial electrical construction
- 30+ years employed with A&F as Owner/President, Project Manager and Principal Designer
- Over $25m electrical design projects completed at A&F
Akim Elonai, Project AutoCAD Engineer:
As a design and build contractor, it is our philosophy to provide our clients with complete electrical engineering and design services with special consideration to the overall job costs and schedule. Our goal is to work closely with the architect and general contractor to assure a quality design and installation that will meet or exceed the owner’s expectations.
- BS degree in electrical engineering from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- 6 years experience in electrical design and engineering
- 1 year employment with A&F as Project Engineer and Lead AutoCAD designer